Monday, September 10, 2007

WHAT IS APEX MEGADOMINION PEARL DESTROYER?








The question has been asked by my cousin Mellissa what the name of my blog APEX MEGADOMINION PEARL DESTROYER means? There is no answer to this question. Unless by answer you mean, "It is the name of my 1986 Oldsmobile, which I drove
for the past 10 years before replacing it with an inferior car with cumbersome features like "climate control" and "a working radio" and "windows that roll up and down."" I've include pictures of the Pearl Destroyer not to boast of my possessions or to discourage those who have not been as fortunate as to own a car such as this, but as a lesson to the young people--if you graduate from college, work by the sweat of your brow, believe in yourself, and break into one of the world's best advertising agencies, this is the lifestyle you can expect to enjoy.

6 comments:

aryn said...

Is it really possible that you still have that car- the same car that was really old in college 10 years. Wow, that car has done you good. Let's toast our summer drink of "Slushy Pink Lemonde" to it.

Rand LeSueur said...

I drove with you and your father in this car on your wedding day. Your father told us that the previous owner had replaced the old top of the car by welding another top from another oldsmobile to this car. I ironed your shirt for you that day and was your best man. Thanks for always making me feel like a best man and for giving me the security that if you were not married with children that you would have more time for me. I toast and salute the Oldsmobile. Its a car and a place wrapped in one.

Melissa said...

Oh thank you for clearing that up. Pearl must of come into your life after I was out of it. I drove a car with similar features in High School lovingly called the Peach Pig....because it guzzled gas and I am not clever enough to come up with a name like that. Loved all the different views you captured on film. I love that you have a Blog

Natalie Hall said...

Oh a chapter that is closing. I am sad. All of the wonderful deep conversations I had in that car. All of the many beautiful memorys. You deserve a brand new Buick, that is for sure. Let Randy Pimp it out for you..... Gosh those seat cushions will beat any car that might have a radio.

Richard said...

I had no idea it had gotten that bad.

Where did you get the pictures? I thought GM had repossessed that car months ago to study exactly how it had survived this long.

: STEVE : said...

I rescued said vehicle from the side of an off ramp one rainy morn.